After yesterday’s trip to a nearby forest, kids wanted to go back again today and I very happily obliged.
We packed a picnic and some water and off we went. Again, they spent all day running around the forest, playing and enjoying themselves, with a few pitstops every now and then for some blueberries.
It made me so happy to see that they had so much fun. No screens, no toys, nothing. Just themselves, nature and their imagination.
Look at the artwork they created in their gallery at the top of the mountain while i was busy picking berries.
Bags and Hats (Jake 7 years, Maya 7 years, Alice 8 years)
This is what I call creative play !
After a few hours of running arounds and having fun at the top of the mountain,we decided to head down to the lake.
Jake Throwing Stones
After a few minutes break by the water, the fun started again. Skimming stones, feeding ducks, boat-races …. until it was time to head home to do some baking, using today’s blueberry harvest.
- 300 ml plain flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 100 g butter (rooms temperature)
- 750 litre fresh berries
- 75 ml sugar
- 1⁄2 tbsp potato flour
- Preheat oven to 225C.
- Wash and clean berries. Drain well.
- Pour into oven safe dish.
- Mix berries with sugar and potato flour.
- Mix together the topping until it gets a crumbly texture. Do not overwork.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of berries.
- Bake in middle of oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with Whipped Cream, Custard or Ice-cream.
Enjoy ! x